Phase I of the NPDES Storm Water program began in 1990 and required medium and large municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4s) to obtain NPDES coverage.The General Storm Water Permit for MS4s was reissued on February 10, 2016 with an effective date of March 1, 2016. The expiration date is February 28, 2021. The permittee must submit annual reports to the IEPA by June 1 for each year that the permit is in effect. The report includes the following information:
- The status of compliance with the permit conditions, including an assessment of the BMPs and progress toward the measurable goals;
- Results of any information collected and analyzed, including monitoring data;
- A summary of the storm water activities planned for the next reporting cycle;
- A change in any identified best management practices or measurable goals;
- If applicable, notice of relying on another governmental entity to satisfy some of the permit obligations.
The VIllage's 2017-2018 AFIR can be found below.