Fire Prevention Operations
Fire prevention operations include:
- Fire and life safety compliance inspections
- Inspection and approval of special event fire and life safety compliance
- New commercial and institutional fire alarm systems
- Plan review and approval
- Sprinkler system plan review and approval
- Response to complaints of fire code violations
Prevention & Safety Inspections
Fire prevention and life safety inspections are conducted as follows:
- All Western Springs schools are inspected twice a year.
- All public occupancies are inspected once a year including the Western Springs Recreation Center, the Grand Avenue Community Center, the Village Club, the Western Springs Masonic Lodge, the Western Springs Service Club (Pool), the Theatre of Western Springs, the Thomas Ford Library, the Western Springs Historical Society, and the Corral.
- All mercantile occupancies are inspected once a year.
- Certain multifamily occupancies are inspected once a year.
Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition