Lakeshore Recycling Services
Village Trustees awarded a 5-year residential waste and recycling contract to LRS, beginning January 1, 2020.
Reference the Household Waste, Recycling, and Yard Waste Guide here.
LRS uses 35, 65, or 95-gallon garbage and recycling carts for weekly collection. Monthly fees will be charged based on the size of the waste container only, and will be billed quarterly. To set up automatic billing, contact LRS directly at 773-685-8811.
- Residents will have their garbage and recycling carts picked up curbside, or can upgrade to back door garbage collection.
- Stickers will no longer be used for regular garbage collection, but will be used for special additional item collection.
- Refuse, recycling or yard waste shall not be placed in the parkway prior to 6 pm the day before pick-up, and carts should be removed by 7 pm on pick up day.
- Bulk items may be disposed of with the required stickers (available for purchase at Village Hall and local retail outlets). Learn more here.
- For more information go to: https://www.lrsrecycles.com/westernsprings/
Household Cleanup Day - Saturday June 24, 2023
Each year, the Village hosts an annual Household Clean-Up Day, allowing residents to dispose of an unlimited amount of household items. Please go to the calendar for the exact date of the event.
|Acceptable Items||Non-acceptable Items|
No registration is required for this service. Items may be placed at the curb after 6 pm on the day before the event and no later than 7 am on the morning of the event. Any questions, should be directed to LRS at 773-685-8811.