Block Party Guidelines
It is necessary for the Village to be aware of the date, time and location of a Block Party in order to provide for the safety of the attendees, as well as contingency
Village policy requires that any block desiring to hold a Block Party obtain a permit not less than two weeks in advance of the event. The permit is granted simply by filling out the Block Party Consent Form and paying the $50 deposit. The form must be signed by the neighbors affected by the block party and then returned to the Public Works Department, 740 Hillgrove, Western Springs, IL 60558 with the $50 deposit. The Public Works Department will process the permit and notify the Fire and Police Departments of the scheduled event. The $50 deposit is required for the orange cones and will be returned when the cones are picked up by the Public Works Department. On
Live Entertainment Rules:
- No live band or amplified music or public address system should be used after 10 p.m.
- Consideration for neighbors should govern the volume of
anyamplified sound system.
- If the Police Department receives a complaint regarding amplified sound systems disturbing the peace of neighboring residents, officers will notify the block party host and provide an opportunity to turn down the music to an acceptable level.
- A second or subsequent complaint will require that the music or amplified sound system be discontinued.
- Failure to comply could result in the Block Party Host or person(s) responsible for the sound system being arrested.