Radar Display Signs/Overweight Truck Enforcement

Radar Display Signs

Radar Display Signs are used to alert passing motorists to their vehicle speed as compared to the posted speed limit in that area. Residents may request that a display sign be placed on their block by calling the Police Department at (708) 246-8540. Residents may also request additional radar speed enforcement.

Overweight Truck Enforcement

The department has a squad equipped with a set of portable truck scales and officers are specially trained for truck overweight and safety violation enforcement. Truck traffic through the village has been increasing steadily for several years and when Joliet Road closed, truck volume increased sharply. The department's officers are committed to ensuring trucks passing through or working in the village are operating in a safe condition and are of legal weight and properly equipped.

If an oversized/overweight vehicle plans to travel through or work in the village, an Overweight Truck Permit is required.