I Live Alone

Dangers of Living Alone

The Western Springs Department of Law Enforcement Services is called upon many times a year to check on the well being of elderly citizens who live alone. Our officers have found people who have fallen in their homes and were not able to get to a telephone. Some persons have gone without attention for a considerable time before a concerned friend or neighbor notified our department. To help prevent this situation, we have created the I Live Alone program.

Enroll in the Program

If you live alone or know of someone who lives alone, enroll in the I Live Alone program. An information card about you will contain the names of friends, relatives, a doctor, and any medical concerns that you may have. This information will be kept in our files should an emergency arise at your address. If you desire, the police staff will make a daily telephone call to your home with a friendly "How are you?"

You may fill out the I Live Alone enrollment form online and submit it to the Police Department or you can come to the Police Department to fill out the form.

If you have any questions, please call the Police Department at 708-246-8540.