How Do I...?
Click to Home
Go To Search
Western Springs, Illinois
740 Hillgrove Ave.
Western Springs, IL 60558-1409
Ph: 708-246-1800
Fx: 708-246-0284
Municipal Services Main Office

Ph: 708-246-1800, ext. 200

8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Diseased Trees
Parkway trees that are diseased or stressed should be reported to the Department of Public Works through the Request Tracker. A forester will examine the tree and determine an appropriate course of action. If a tree dies, the village will remove it and grind out the stump.

For more information about the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) infestation, please visit the EAB section .

Parkway Tree Replacement
The parkway tree replacement program allows residents to replace or add a parkway tree and share the cost with the village. Residents are prohibited from planting their own tree in the parkway and permission is needed for the specific location, spacing, and species. A parkway tree replacement form needs to be completed and submitted by March to ensure a May planting. If you are interested in replacing or adding a new tree to your parkway, please contact the department at .

Tree Trimming
Parkway trees greater than 7 inches in diameter are trimmed of dead, dying, diseased, interfering, objectionable, and weak branches every five years by a private contractor. Smaller trees are regularly trimmed by village crews. Residents are prohibited from pruning, trimming, spraying, or any other interference of parkway trees. If you have a small parkway tree that needs trimming, please use the Request Tracker to make the request.