FAQ: Answers to some frequently asked questions
- Baby Strollers—not allowed per CARA rules but we do let them participate if they start at the back of the pack. They can cross the finish line with the stroller so their time is recorded.
- Dogs—not allowed per CARA and Tower Trot rules, unless it’s a certified/marked aide dog.
- The DOUBLE—run in both the 10K and 5K races for a total of 15K. If finishing 10K in under an hour, go to 5K Start. If finishing 10K in over an hour, go to 5K Start to cross start pad and complete 5K route. All Double runners receive a long sleeve shirt in lieu of short sleeve.
- Bikes and Skates—not allowed per CARA and Tower Trot rules.
- Fun Run—for kids under 9 years of age. Less than a mile. Kids over 9 years of age must register in the 5K race unless there are special circumstances for enrolling in the Fun Run.
- 5K Walkers—no running allowed. If registering a child, encourage them to register in the 5K Run because runners can walk but walkers cannot run, and kids have a tendency to run.
- Gear Check—service available 7am–11am at the north end of the school. Not responsible for valuables. Clear plastic bags will be given. Mark your race number clearly on bag for supervised storage.