2018 Spring Boys Travel League
Designed for the more competitive lacrosse player in grades K-8. Commitment to the travel lacrosse program is a must.
- Register online https://recregistration.wsprings.com
- Registration forms with payment can be returned to Western Springs Recreation Department, 1500 Walker St., Western Springs, 60558
- Fax to 708-246-1309
Code: 220245 G: 1/2nd grade – U8:
Birthdate between 9/1/2009 – 8/31/2011
Experience level 6mo or more
Code: 220245 J: 3/4th grade – U10:
Birthdate between 9/1/2007 – 8/31/2009
Experience level 1 yrs or more
Code: 220245 K: 5/6th grade – U12:
Birthdate between 9/1/2005 – 8/31/2007
Experience level 2 yrs or more
Code: 220245 L: 7/8th grade – U14:
Birthdate between 9/1/2003 – 8/31/2005
Experience level 2 yrs or more
Registration fee by 1/19/2018 - $650
Registration fee after 1/27/2018 - $750
Cancellation fee after 2/3/2018 - $30.00
No refunds or cancellations after 3/1/2018
- Helmet Stickers available to order online or with registration forms. Click here to view stickers.
220245 AB for a CPXR helmet
220245 AC for a CPV helmet
220245 AD for any other type helmet
- Volunteer sign up available when registering
Spring Travel includes the following:
- Program dates
- Indoor travel practices start Friday on Jan 26 thru March 16 (no Feb 23) at Max McCook.
Outdoor practices start 1st week of April. We will be practicing at 3 fields; Oakbrook Rec (turf), Havester Park (grass), Spring Rock Park (grass). Practice times during the week are still being determined, but will likely be 6 - 7:30 or 6:30 - 8. In the event of weather cancellations, practices will be re-scheduled on the Oakbrook turf.
- There will be six to eight Home/Away Games for 1st-8th grade in the suburban area (mid -April thru mid-June).
- Rip the Duck Tournament in South Bend, April 7/8th or Rip the Cow in Milwaukee April 14/15th (extra cost for hotel, meals).
- Tower Tournament at Lyons Township High School scheduled on June 2.
- 3rd tentative tournament to be determined
- IBLA Playoffs start early June
- Prices include game league scheduling fees, indoor/outdoor fields, coaches, tournament fees, referee fees, uniforms, and supplies and admin costs.
Fridays, January 26 thru March 16 (no Feb 16) from 6 – 7:30pm at Max McCook
Exact days & times tbd. Tentative info as follows. Outdoor practices start 1st week of April. We will be practicing at 3 fields; Oakbrook Rec (turf), Havester Park (grass), Spring Rock Park (grass). Practice times during the week are still being determined, but will likely be 6 - 7:30 or 6:30 - 8. In the event of weather cancellations, practices will be re-scheduled on the Oakbrook turf.
Teams will be put in the IBLA league. This league is comprised of many different lacrosse clubs from the north, south and western suburbs. Games start in April mostly on the weekends, but some weekday games may be scheduled.
- Rip the Duck April 7/8in South Bend or Rip the Cow April 14/15 in Milwaukee (all teams may not participate and travel, hotel and meals not included)
- Additional tournament subject to coaches and their team TBD (all teams may not participate)
- Tower Tournament June 2 (all teams participate)
Parent meetingsList of Required Equipment
This is a parent/volunteer run program that depends heavily upon your involvement. All families are expected to participate as volunteers as needed.There are many volunteer opportunities that are available and sign-up is available on registration days.
Please note that all dates, fees and details are subject to change. Questions may be directed to Mike Thuma, Lacrosse Coordinator,