2019 Spring Boys Travel League
Designed for the more competitive lacrosse player in grades K-8. Commitment to the travel lacrosse program is a must.
- Register online https://recregistration.wsprings.com
- Registration forms with payment can be returned to Western Springs Recreation Department, 1500 Walker St., Western Springs, 60558
- Fax to 708-246-1309
225245 A: U8: 1/2nd Birthdate between 9/1/2010 – 8/31/2012 6 mos or more experience
225245 B: U10: 3/4th Birthdate between 9/1/2008 – 8/31/2010 1 yr or more experience
225245 C: U12: 5/6th Birthdate between 9/1/2006 – 8/31/2008 2 yrs or more experience
225245 D: U14: 7/8th Birthdate between 9/1/2004 – 8/31/2006 2 yrs or more experience
We will be using the same uniform this year.
Registration fee if using last years uniform by January 6 at 11:59pm $600
Registration fee if using last years uniform starting January 7. $700
Fee for new uniform $85
Fee for new jersey only $50
Fee for shorts only $45
Cancellation fee: $100
After January 6th, NO REFUNDS for cancellations. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Helmet Stickers available to order online or with registration forms. Click here to view stickers.
220245 AB for a CPXR helmet
220245 AC for a CPV helmet
220245 AD for any other type helmet
- Volunteer sign up available when registering
Spring Travel includes the following:
- Program dates: January 11-June 10, 2018
- Indoor travel practices start Friday, January 11 through January 25 at Lyons Township South Campus (times TBD). Practices will then occur at Westmont Yard February 1st through March 15 6-8pm.(no February 29 ) at Westmont Yard
- Practices start outdoors 1st week of April (depending on weather and field availability).
- There will be 6-8 Home/Away Games for 1st-8th grade in the suburban area (mid -April thru mid-June).
- Rip the Duck Tournament in South Bend, Indiana, April 13-14.
- Tower Tournament at Lyons Township High School scheduled on June 1st.
- IBLA Playoffs start early June
- Fees include game scheduling, fields, coaches, tournaments, referees. and supplies.
Indoor travel practices start Friday, January 11 through January 25 at Lyons Township South Campus (times TBD). Practices will then occur at Westmont Yard February 1st through March 15 6-8pm.(no February 29 ) at Westmont Yard
Exact days & times tbd. Tentative info as follows. Outdoor practices start 1st week of April. We will be practicing at 3 fields; Oakbrook Rec (turf), Havester Park (grass), Spring Rock Park (grass). Practice times during the week are still being determined, but will likely be 6 - 7:30 or 6:30 - 8. In the event of weather cancellations, practices will be re-scheduled on the Oakbrook turf.
Teams will be put in the IBLA league. This league is comprised of many different lacrosse clubs from the north, south and western suburbs. Games start in April mostly on the weekends, but some weekday games may be scheduled.
- Rip the Duck April 13/14 in South Bend (all teams may not participate and travel, hotel and meals not included)
- Tower Tournament June 2 (all teams participate)
Parent meetingsList of Required Equipment
This is a parent/volunteer run program that depends heavily upon your involvement. All families are expected to participate as volunteers as needed.There are many volunteer opportunities that are available and sign-up is available on registration days.
Please note that all dates, fees and details are subject to change. Questions may be directed to Mike Thuma, Lacrosse Coordinator,